Inaugural Offerings integrate OpenText Optical Character Recognition (OCR), OpenText Alchemy Archive and OpenText MBPM with OpenText Cloud
WATERLOO, ON, Oct. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX) (TSX: OTC), a leading provider of Enterprise Information Management (EIM) solutions, today announced the immediate availability of a new set of services that leverage the company's recently acquired EasyLink cloud infrastructure to facilitate secure information exchange in the OpenText cloud.
OpenText is combining the power of OpenText RightFax, OpenText OCR, OpenText Alchemy and, OpenText MBPM with the OpenText Cloud on a single platform, enabling customers to send, receive, route and archive high volumes of rich documents securely, seamlessly and cost effectively. By providing users with the option of outsourcing all or a portion of their document-related capture, process routing and telephony needs, these offerings can help reduce costs, improve business processes, speed decision making, improve customer service and offload the IT burden associated with document distribution.
"Our new cloud offerings represent the first of many secure, cloud-based information exchange capabilities that OpenText will bring to market in the coming months," said Mark J. Barrenechea, President and CEO of OpenText. "In the 90 days since we acquired EasyLink, we've already leveraged the EasyLink technology and infrastructure and extended OpenText's reach in the cloud. Our current and future cloud offerings will provide customers with a wide range of capabilities and options for ensuring secure information exchange within and across their organizational boundaries. Today's announcement and the speed with which we have delivered these services underscore OpenText's commitment to and leadership in the cloud marketplace."Key Benefits of OpenText's new cloud offerings include:
- Secure fax communications in the cloud: OpenText RightFax Connect is a hybrid fax solution that sends and receives faxes through the OpenText Cloud platform. RightFax Connect minimizes fax telephony complexity by eliminating telephone lines, fax boards, gateways and complex PBX integrations, reducing telephony charges. RightFax Connect extends RightFax delivery by ensuring secure data transfer to and from the cloud.
- Secure capture, storage, routing, exchange, and lifecycle management for sensitive data: OpenText EasyLink Fax Archive leverages OpenText's Alchemy document server, a purpose built fax and document archive solution, to quickly archive faxes and other documents, enable document tracking from capture to destruction, allow customers to rapidly respond to audit and discovery requests and streamline and automate transactional document processing. OpenText EasyLink OCR combines OpenText Capture Center with OpenText EasyLink cloud services to help customers quickly and efficiently capture and digitize documents, forms and faxes.
- Streamlined workflow and business process management (BPM) services: OpenText EasyLink Workflow enables robust process routing and task processing capabilities through integration with OpenText MBPM to automate mission-critical business processes in the cloud. For example, an inbound credit application received by fax may be routed for further processing based on information contained in the credit application that was captured by OpenText Capture Center and determined to require a specific routing and approval process based on pre-determined business rules. The integrated use of OpenText solutions such as Capture Center and MBPM will help customers improve overall process productivity and efficiency.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV