BATTLE CREEK, Mich., Oct. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Kellogg Company marks World Food Day with focus on hunger relief. #WFD2012
- On avg., Kellogg donates more than $20 million worth of food products for hunger annually. #WFD2012
- Generate a $5 donation to Global Foodbanking Network. Visit http://ow.ly/e9JBO to find out how! #WFD2012
Hunger and malnutrition are the number one risk to health worldwide.[i]
At Kellogg, we've been working to fight hunger for more than 30 years. In fact, Kellogg donates more than $20 million worth of food products for hunger and disaster relief annually, on average, working with national food bank networks across the globe. In the U.S., our product donations are through partnerships, primarily Feeding America. In addition, we provide financial support for The Global Foodbanking Network, an international organization dedicated to creating and strengthening food banks and food bank networks.As part of our ongoing efforts, we are proud to recognize World Food Day, which brings attention to the struggle against hunger, malnutrition and poverty. "Too many families don't have access to the food needed for healthy productive lives," said Kris Charles, vice president, global communications and philanthropy, Kellogg Company. "Kellogg has a longstanding commitment to help feed those who are in need, and we are proud to bring attention to World Food Day as part of our hunger-relief efforts." Kellogg has a variety of World Food Day activities scheduled around the world including:
- Donating $125,000 in cash and product donations through Kellogg's Corporate Citizenship Fund to six organizations, mainly food banks, in Latin America. Also, Kellogg employees will volunteer at food bank locations in Mexico, Guatemala and Colombia to provide Kellogg breakfasts.
- Kicking-off the "Help Give a Child a Breakfast" campaign in the U.K. to raise $480,000 to donate to schools most in need to help provide breakfast for children who are going to school hungry.
- Volunteering at community food banks and food distribution sites across the U.S. in the month of October as part of United Way Days of Caring.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts