MILPITAS, Calif., Oct. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) and 6WIND today announced the availability of the 6WINDGate™ packet processing software for the LSI Axxia Communication Processor family. This hardware/software combination provides network OEMs with a pre-integrated solution for accelerating networking functions while reducing product development costs and speeding time-to-market.
The Axxia Communication Processor 3400 family is designed to deliver the deterministic, reliable performance and low power consumption required by data-intensive mobile, cloud and enterprise networks. The 6WINDGate packet processing software provides Axxia customers with a comprehensive range of optimized data plane protocols and a full set of control plane modules.
The collaboration between LSI and 6WIND benefits network OEMs on several fronts:
- Pre-integrated solution enables OEMs to more efficiently and rapidly customize their own hardware platforms
- Easy migration to the Axxia platform for OEMs that already use the industry-leading 6WINDGate software
- Simplified system creation and deployment for OEMs by combining the switching, control and transport functions of the Axxia platform with 6WINDGate software
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts