HMS Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ: HMSY) today announced that on October 15, 2012, Cora Tellez joined the company’s Board of Directors. Ms. Tellez is founder, President and Chief Executive Officer of Sterling HSA, an independent health savings accounts administrator, and Sterling Self Insurance Administration, which provides cost-containment solutions for self-insured employers.
“We are delighted to welcome Cora to the HMS Board,” said Bill Lucia, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Cora is both a healthcare pioneer and entrepreneur – bringing extensive healthcare policy and operations experience to the Board, while recognizing and championing the type of innovation and creativity that the company strives to bring to the healthcare industry.”
Ms. Tellez has over 25 years of executive experience in the managed care industry, including as President and CEO of Health Net's California plan and Health Plans division and President and Chair of Prudential Health Care Plan of California.
Ms. Tellez received her Master’s in Public Administration from California State University and is aPhi Beta Kappa graduate of Mills College where she received a Bachelor of Arts degree. Ms. Tellez is also involved with several nonprofit organizations, including the Institute for Medical Quality. About HMS Holdings Corp. HMS Holdings Corp., through its subsidiaries, is the nation's leader in coordination of benefits and program integrity services for healthcare payers. HMS's clients include health and human services programs in more than 40 states; commercial programs, including commercial plans, employers, and over 135 Medicaid managed care plans; the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS); and Veterans Administration facilities. As a result of the company's services, clients recovered over $2.5 billion in 2011, and saved nearly $7 billion through the prevention of erroneous payments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV