Jefferies today announced that it has been granted a Capital Markets Services License by the Monetary Authority of Singapore for the regulated activity of trading in futures contracts, for the firm’s Jefferies Bache Futures & Options business.
Patrice Blanc, President of Jefferies’ Futures Brokerage and Chief Executive Officer of Jefferies Bache, commented, “This is a significant milestone in the continued development of the Jefferies Bache business in Asia and will allow us to provide clients locally in Singapore and more broadly in Asia with high quality futures and options sales and trading capabilities, coupled with world-class execution and distribution globally."
Emmanuel Faure, Head of Jefferies’ Futures Business in Asia, added, “Being able to operate our futures and options business in Singapore strengthens our global network and shows our commitment to growth in Asia. With this license we will be able to locally support and market our strong commodities franchise and further build our Asian offering for our global client base.”
Since the acquisition of Prudential Bache in 2011, Jefferies has expanded its listed derivatives team in Asia, and the Singapore office will be key to servicing new and existing clients in the region. Jefferies Bache is a global leader with a 130-year track record specializing in exchange-traded futures and options, commodities, and over-the-counter products.Jefferies Group, Inc. (NYSE: JEF), the global investment banking firm focused on serving clients for 50 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. The firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures and commodities, and also select asset and wealth management strategies, in the Americas, Europe and Asia. -- end --
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV