Verizon Communications (VZ) ($44.50): Has a hold rating according to ValuEngine with a slightly elevated P/E and is above its 200-day SMA at $41.52. The stock set a multi-year high at $48.77 on Oct. 1. The weekly chart turned negative at Friday's close with the 200-week SMA at $33.65. Investors and traders should employ a "buy-and-trade" strategy between the value level and risky level.
Earnings Reports for Friday:
McDonalds (MCD) ($93.50): Has a buy rating according to ValuEngine with a slightly elevated P/E and is approaching its 200-day SMA at $93.82 on the upside. The stock set its 2012 high at $102.22 on Jan. 20 and its 2012 low at $85.92 on June 8. The stock has a positive weekly chart profile with the 200-week SMA is $75.59. Investors and traders should book profits on strength to my annual pivot at $94.05 then employ a "buy-and-trade" strategy between the value level and risky level.
General Electric (GE) ($22.64): Has a buy rating according to ValuEngine with a reasonable P/E and is above its 200-day SMA at $19.95. The stock set a multi-year high at $23.18 on Oct. 5. The stock has a positive but overbought weekly chart profile with the 200-week SMA at $16.86. Investors and traders should employ a "buy-and-trade" strategy between the value level and risky level.At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV