Clearwire, Sprint, Sirius: Tech Premarket
Shares of the Bellevue, Wash.-based company closed up 15.95% on Monday after key partner Sprint Nextel (S) announced its merger with Japanese telecom giant Softbank. The merger prompted speculation that Sprint, Clearwire's largest shareholder, will acquire the 4G specialist.
On Monday, however, Bloomberg, citing sources with direct knowledge of the situation, reported that Sprint has no immediate plans to take over Clearwire.
Clearwire was also the most active premarket Nasdaq stock on share volume of 5,167,913.Sprint shares rose 0.35% to $5.71 before market open. Sirius XM (SIRI) was another active premarket Nasdaq stock, rising 0.71% to $2.82 on volume of 246,395. Apple (AAPL) shares rose 0.26% to $636.40 on share volume of 95,070 IBM (IBM), which reports its third-quarter results after market close on Tuesday, crept up 0.19% to $209.33 in premarket trading. Intel (INTC), which also reports its third-quarter results on Tuesday, gained 0.6% to reach $21.86. The No. 1 chipmaker lowered its third-quarter revenue outlook last month, citing the the effects of a tough economic environment. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV