SAN DIEGO, Oct. 16, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Trius Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq:TSRX) announced today that the results of multiple studies from its lead antibiotic drug candidate, tedizolid phosphate, will appear in poster presentations at the inaugural IDWeek conference, a joint meeting of the Infectious Disease Society of America, the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, the HIV Medicine Association, and the Pediatric Infectious Disease Society, in San Diego from October 17 th to 21 st. Two tedizolid-related posters have been accepted for presentation, including clinical and safety results.
The clinical abstracts examine the hematological effect of tedizolid and linezolid in patients with acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI), as well as pharmacokinetics in an adolescent population. The abstracts include one poster presentation from the ESTABLISH 1 trial (formerly known as the TR-701-112 trial) summarizing the detailed hematological results from Trius' first Phase 3 trial of tedizolid in patients with ABSSSI. This marks the first time these data are being presented at a major medical meeting. Top-line results for the ESTABLISH 1 trial, reported in December 2011, showed that tedizolid achieved all primary and secondary efficacy outcomes after a short course of therapy, and showed significant improvements in key safety and tolerability measurements in the complete study population versus the comparator linezolid (Zyvox®). This is the first of two registrational studies for tedizolid.
Tedizolid is the Company's lead product candidate. It is a once daily, IV and orally administered oxazolidinone being developed for the treatment of serious gram-positive infections, including those caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).The presentations are as follows: Friday, October 19th Poster Session – Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.)
- 789: A Comparative Evaluation of Adverse Platelet Outcomes among Patients with Acute Bacterial Skin and Skin Structure Infections Receiving Tedizolid Phosphate and Linezolid; T. Lodise, C. De Anda, E. Fang.
- 1640: Population Pharmacokinetics (PK) of Oral and Intravenously Administered Tedizolid Phosphate in Adolescent Patients; E. Capparelli, S. Flanagan, J. Bradley, A. Arrieta, R. Jacobs, K. A. Munoz, H. Dreskin, E. Fang, P. Prokocimer
CONTACT: Media Contacts: Laura Kempke/Andrew Law MSLGROUP 781-684-0770 firstname.lastname@example.org Investor Relations Contact: Stefan Loren Westwicke Partners, LLC 443-213-0507 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV