Seagate Technology (NASDAQ:STX) today announced three new enterprise-class hard disk drives (HDD) optimized for traditional data centers and emerging cloud infrastructures.
Seagate Enterprise Value HDD (Photo: Business Wire)
Perfect for cloud bulk data storage, the Seagate
Enterprise Value HDD provides up to 3TB of storage in a low-power configuration that is perfect for efficiently and affordably storing the ever-growing amount of unstructured data typically stored in the cloud. The company also announced its next generation of highly-reliable hard disk drives, the Seagate
Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD featuring the industry's widest range of capacities (1, 2, 3 and 4TB) of secure data storage for robust data center usage and the Seagate
Enterprise Performance 10K HDD which delivers best-in-class performance and built-in security for optimized storage efficiency and data protection.
“Anyone building storage systems today, whether for cloud specific applications or enterprise data centers, is looking to maximize capacity in the smallest possible physical footprint with the lowest operating costs while ensuring long-term scalability,” said Scott Horn, Seagate vice president of Marketing. “Our new line of Enterprise hard drives meet this challenge, providing the highest capacity-to-power ratios while ensuring consistent performance and high reliability, making them ideal for use in any data center environment.”
Seagate Enterprise Value HDD— Affordability Meets Capacity
With up to 3TB of data storage, the Seagate Enterprise Value HDD, also known as the Constellation
CS, provides cloud data centers with the scalable affordability they need to meet demands in low workload, 24x7 replicated environments. The most economical Seagate Enterprise platform for storing exabytes of unstructured data in the cloud, the Enterprise Value HDD provides enterprise-class reliability and 7200-RPM performance for 24x7 multi-drive data center environments where low power usage and secure, easy drive disposal is needed.
Seagate Enterprise Value HDD features
- High Capacity-- A range of high capacities (1, 2 and 3TB) in a 3.5-inch form factor, supporting a maximum rack density of 114TB per sq. foot 1 for efficient data center floor space usage
- Energy-Efficient-- Reduced energy and cooling costs with the lowest power consumption of any Seagate Enterprise 3.5-inch drive and as much as 29 percent less power consumption than competitive high-capacity enterprise drives
- Easy-to-Integrate-- Quick and simple drive retirement or disposal at no additional cost— Seagate ®Instant Secure Erase reduces data erasure times from hours or days to 1 second with a proven 6Gb/s SATA interface for easy integration in lower workload solutions
For more information on the Seagate Enterprise Value HDD and cloud application usage scenarios please visit Seagate’s
cloud solutions web portal at
Seagate Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD— Highest Capacity, Consistent Performance
-generation of the Seagate
Enterprise Capacity 3.5 hard drive, also known as the Constellation
ES.3, offers the largest enterprise capacities (up to 4TB) for reliable bulk data access and consistent 24x7 performance in robust, high workload, multi-drive data center environments.
Seagate Enterprise 3.5 HDD features:
Seagate Enterprise Performance 10K HDD
— Optimum Performance, Maximum Security
- Highest Capacity-- A range of high capacities (1, 2, 3 and 4TB) in a 3.5-inch, 7200-RPM enterprise-class hard disk drive for maximum rack density of 152TB per sq. foot 1 for efficient data center floor space usage
- Enterprise Reliability-- Robust data availability thanks to super parity features, 4 th-generation SAS interface for high data integrity, 1.4M hour MTBF and enhanced multi-drive, rotational vibration tolerance for consistent 24x7 enterprise performance
- Efficiency-- Seagate’s RAID Rebuild for faster data recovery, choice of 6Gb/s SAS or SATA interfaces for easy integration; high GB/Watt for improved power and cooling in large RAID solutions plus the Seagate ® PowerChoice™ feature for increased power savings during idle periods; multi-drive firmware maximized for enterprise RAID system availability and efficient high capacity storage performance
- Security-- 3 rd-generation Self-Encrypting Drive technology, SED FIPS U.S. federal government approved security option and Seagate Instant Secure Erase for easy drive disposal or repurposing
A 2.5-inch, 10K-RPM enterprise hard disk drive, the new Seagate
Enterprise Performance 10K HDD, also known as the Savvio
10K.6, meets the growing need for increased enterprise storage efficiency and built-in security to protect valuable data. An ideal replacement drive for power-hungry, lower capacity, 3.5-inch 15K-RPM HDDs or slower performing 2.5-inch 10K-RPM HDDs, the Enterprise Performance 10K HDD enables data centers to meet demanding service-level agreements, keep pace with massive data growth, and reduce IT operating costs.
The Seagate Enterprise Performance 10K HDD delivers up to 21 percent faster performance than the prior generation and matches the sustained data transfer rates found in 15K-RPM, 3.5-inch drives. This drive offers up to 900GB of storage in a small form factor, which is 50 percent more capacity using 70 percent less space than the highest capacity 3.5-inch 15K drive. It also delivers a staggering power consumption reduction of up to 71 percent compared to 15K-RPM, 3.5-inch drives and up to 14 percent compared to the prior generation.