Chiesi Reports Successful Completion First-in-Man Phase 1 Study With Novel Inhaled PDE4 Inhibitor
Founded in 1935 in Parma ( Italy), the Chiesi Group achieved a turnover of 1,056 million Euro in 2011, up by 4.1% on the previous year. The Group, currently has a total of 25 affiliates worldwide and is present in over 60 countries with its drugs, which are produced at plants in Parma, Blois (France) and Santana de Parnaiba ( Brazil). In 2011 investment in R&D reached 169.3 million Euro, equivalent to 16% of the turnover. The R&D centres in Parma, Paris, Rockville ( USA) and Chippenham (UK) integrate their efforts to work together on the Group's pre-clinical, clinical and registration programmes. At the end of 2011, the Chiesi Group's total staff stood at over 3,800 people, more than 320 of whom are dedicated to R&D.
The main areas of activity are in respiratory therapeutics and specialist medicine areas. A clear shift occurred in the last years towards more innovative molecules. The respiratory pipeline now comprises several classes of novel bronchodilating agents (Long acting muscarinic antagonists, bifunctional muscarinic antagonists-Βeta2 Agonits) and anti-inflammatory agents (PDE4 inhibitors, p38 kinase inhibitors, Neutrophil Elastase Inhibitors) that provide opportunities for future innovative fixed combinations for the treatment of asthma and COPD.
SOURCE Chiesi Farmaceutici S.p.A.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV