- Goldman Sachs continued its leadership in investment banking, ranking first in worldwide announced and completed mergers and acquisitions for the year-to-date. (2)
- The firm ranked first in worldwide equity and equity-related offerings and common stock offerings for the year-to-date. (2)
- Book value per common share and tangible book value per common share (3) both increased approximately 3% during the quarter to $140.58 and $129.69, respectively.
- The firm continues to manage its liquidity and capital conservatively. The firm’s global core excess liquidity (4) was $170 billion (5) as of September 30, 2012. In addition, the firm’s Tier 1 capital ratio under Basel 1 (6) was 15.0% (5) and the firm’s Tier 1 common ratio under Basel 1 (7) was 13.1% (5) as of September 30, 2012.
Goldman Sachs Reports Third Quarter Earnings Per Common Share Of $2.85 And Increases The Quarterly Dividend To $0.50 Per Common Share
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.