NEW YORK, Oct. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BNY Mellon, the global leader in investment management and investment services, has been appointed by China Mobile Games and Entertainment Group Limited (CMGE) for its American Depositary Receipt (ADR) program in connection with its spin-off from VODOne Limited, a Chinese state-affiliated media company. Each CMGE ADR represents 14 ordinary shares and trades on the NASDAQ under the symbol "CMGE."
CMGE is a leading mobile game company in China focused on the development, operation and distribution of feature phone games and smart-phone games. The company has approximately 30 million paying users and over 9 million monthly subscriptions in China. The company was incorporated under the laws of the Cayman Islands on January 20, 2011 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of VODOne.
"We believe listing on NASDAQ and gaining access to U.S. capital markets will support our strategic efforts to strengthen the potential value of our business," said Ken Jian Xiao, CEO of China Mobile Games and Entertainment Group Limited. "BNY Mellon has demonstrated its DR expertise and thought leadership, working with us and NASDAQ to execute our listing via a special dividend distribution to VODOne's ordinary shareholders. We're impressed with BNY Mellon's capabilities and look forward to expanding our partnership."
"By establishing a DR program for CMGE and listing it on NASDAQ, VODOne has made a compelling affirmation of both depositary receipts and U.S. listings for non-U.S. firms in the mobile gaming and e-commerce sectors," said Michael Cole-Fontayn, CEO of BNY Mellon's Depositary Receipts business. "This transaction is a clear example of BNY Mellon collaborating with a global issuer that has unique strategic and structural objectives it seeks to achieve with its listing. We'll continue to work closely with management to enhance CMGE's visibility among global investors."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV