ALISO VIEJO, Calif., Oct. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Microsemi Corporation (Nasdaq: MSCC), a leading provider of semiconductor solutions differentiated by power, security, reliability and performance, will unveil its fourth generation subscriber line chipset at the Broadband World Forum (BBWF) tradeshow today in Amsterdam. The new ZL880 series features low power, dual-channel wideband foreign exchange service (FXS) voice solutions for broadband residential gateways, cable embedded multimedia terminal adapters (eMTAs) and fiber to the premise (F TTX) applications. Microsemi will showcase the ZL880 series as well as the VeriVoice line test software in stand D45 at the tradeshow.
"Power efficiency, performance and total cost of ownership are key issues for triple- and quadruple-play service providers and our new solutions deliver on each of these metrics," said Jacques Issa, vice president of Microsemi's voice and power products group. "The ZL880 devices offer lower power and bill-of-material costs than previous generation solutions. The new series is built on a proven platform with more than 400 million lines deployed globally. Broadband communications is a key vertical market for Microsemi, and we will continue to develop innovative solutions that further strengthen our product portfolio."
Microsemi's eco-friendly ZL880 solutions consume approximately 33 percent less power than similar solutions on the market today, which is particularly important in gateways with backup batteries. The new devices easily meet the latest green initiatives such as the European Union Code of Conduct, Version 4. Additional features include:
- Lower bill-of-materials due to the integration of the switcher driver and some of the protection components
- Programmable PCM/SPI and reduced pin-count ZSI interfaces to leading broadband gateway system-on-chips (SoCs)
- VoicePath VP-API-II SDK and software coefficients for compliance with worldwide requirements for VoIP/short and medium loop telephony
- VeriVoice GR-909 line test software reduces gateway deployment costs
- VeriVoice manufacturing test reduces manufacturing test time and test costs
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV