ALISO VIEJO, Calif.
Oct. 16, 2012
(Nasdaq: MSCC), a leading provider of semiconductor solutions differentiated by power, security, reliability and performance, will unveil its fourth generation subscriber line chipset at the
Broadband World Forum
(BBWF) tradeshow today in
. The new ZL880 series features low power, dual-channel wideband foreign exchange service (FXS) voice solutions for broadband residential gateways, cable embedded multimedia terminal adapters (eMTAs) and fiber to the premise (F TTX) applications. Microsemi will showcase the ZL880 series as well as the VeriVoice line test software in stand D45 at the tradeshow.
"Power efficiency, performance and total cost of ownership are key issues for triple- and quadruple-play service providers and our new solutions deliver on each of these metrics," said
, vice president of Microsemi's voice and power products group. "The ZL880 devices offer lower power and bill-of-material costs than previous generation solutions. The new series is built on a proven platform with more than 400 million lines deployed globally. Broadband communications is a key vertical market for Microsemi, and we will continue to develop innovative solutions that further strengthen our product portfolio."
Microsemi's eco-friendly ZL880 solutions consume approximately 33 percent less power than similar solutions on the market today, which is particularly important in gateways with backup batteries. The new devices easily meet the latest green initiatives such as the European Union Code of Conduct, Version 4. Additional features include:
Packaging and Availability
- Lower bill-of-materials due to the integration of the switcher driver and some of the protection components
- Programmable PCM/SPI and reduced pin-count ZSI interfaces to leading broadband gateway system-on-chips (SoCs)
- VoicePath VP-API-II SDK and software coefficients for compliance with worldwide requirements for VoIP/short and medium loop telephony
- VeriVoice GR-909 line test software reduces gateway deployment costs
- VeriVoice manufacturing test reduces manufacturing test time and test costs
The ZL880 devices are available in a 64-pin quad flat no lead (QFN) package and are sampling now. The ZL880 Series is supported by leading residential gateway SoC vendors.