Starbucks Coffee Company (NASDAQ:SBUX) retail stores today will begin selling its Verismo™ System by Starbucks, which made its debut on Verismo.com and at Specialty Retailers nationwide in September. The availability at more than 65 percent of Starbucks retail stores in the U.S. brings the number of distribution points for the Verismo™ System and accompanying Starbucks® espresso, coffee, and real milk pods to about 6,400.
Today also marks the start of a 10-week demonstration effort at participating Starbucks stores, giving customers plenty of opportunities to experience the Verismo™ System and sample Starbucks® beverages made on the machine. Similar events are taking place at Specialty Retail stores nationwide, from Williams-Sonoma and Sur La Table to Macy’s and Bloomingdales, where more than 600 Starbucks baristas are leading demonstrations. All told, more than 10,000 demonstration events are planned at Starbucks and Specialty Retail stores nationwide through Christmas.
“Tasting (and seeing) is believing,” says Cliff Burrows, Starbucks president of the Americas. “We are coming out with a high-pressure single cup machine that we believe is simpler than anything in the marketplace and delivers what consumers actually want—a Starbucks-quality Caffè Latte they can easily make at home. Plus, customers can quickly replenish Verismo pods because they are conveniently available wherever Verismo™ machines are sold.”
Participating Starbucks stores will sell the 580 base model in silver for $199, as well as a selection of Verismo™ pods, including seasonal favorite Starbucks® Christmas Blend, which will only be available at Starbucks retail stores and on Verismo.com.“Response to the Verismo™ System has been terrific so far,” says Burrows, “and we are looking forward to the Verismo™ being a popular gift this holiday season.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV