DENVER, Oct. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Hundreds of Apartment Investment and Management Company (Aimco) employees are reaching out to serve their neighbors as part of the company's national Aimco Cares Community Service Week October 15-19. This is the second week-long, team volunteer effort that Aimco has sponsored this year to help meet critical needs in local communities.
Aimco's Service Week projects include:
- Oct. 15 : Aimco Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Terry Considine will join a team in Denver to prepare and serve dinner at a Ronald McDonald House in Aurora, Colorado; Denver team members also will do trail maintenance and clean-up at the Castlewood State Park in Parker, Colorado.
- Oct. 16: Team members in Northern California will prepare and distribute food boxes to families in emergency situations in partnership with the Ecumenical Hunger Program in Palo Alto; the Aimco Greenville team will provide free lawn care services to senior citizens through the Diligent Hands, Gracious Hearts program; the Southern California team will prepare and serve meals at the Ronald McDonald House in Pasadena; and a team from Denver will partner with the Denver Parks and Recreation Department to restore local park trails.
- Oct. 17: Aimco team members in Miami will volunteer at His House, which provides services to abused, neglected and abandoned children in South Florida; and teams from Aimco's Boston area will work at a Habitat for Humanity Restore facility.
- Oct. 18: A team from Aimco's Greenville office will assist the Shriners Hospital with preparations for its 85 th birthday celebration; the Northern California team will sort clothing donations for the Inn Vision Shelter which serves the homeless and low-income families in Northern Santa Clara and San Mateo counties.
- Oct.19 th : An Aimco Denver team will sort and pack food donations at the Food Bank of the Rockies and another will serve lunch at the Denver Rescue Mission; Aimco team members in Long Beach will serve meals at the Ronald McDonald House.
Aimco Cares weeks are focal points for Aimco's philanthropic activities. Through the Aimco Cares program, each employee receives 10 paid hours per year to apply toward a volunteer activity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV