NEW YORK, Oct. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS and CBS.A) announced today a new agreement with President and Chief Executive Officer Leslie Moonves. The agreement supersedes his prior contract, which was to conclude in 2015, and extends his term with CBS Corporation through June 30, 2017.
"This is terrific news for CBS and all of its constituencies," said Sumner Redstone, Executive Chairman and Founder, CBS Corporation. "Leslie's record as a CEO is not only among the best in media, it's among the best in all of business. This agreement secures the Company even further into the future, and it also further aligns and strengthens the interests of the chief executive with those of our shareholders. I look forward to all Leslie will continue to do as the genius that he is."
"I take great pride in all the tremendous success we've enjoyed at CBS," said Moonves. "And the good news is that I feel even more enthusiastic about what my terrific team and I will accomplish going forward. I am very gratified that my relationship with CBS will continue into the future, and I look forward to building on all of the exciting opportunities that lie ahead."
Under the terms of the agreement, Moonves' salary remains at its current level. As before, he will continue to be eligible for an annual performance-based bonus and will receive equity-based compensation that further ties the value of the agreement to the performance of the Company's stock. At the end of his new term, Moonves will become eligible, at his discretion, to hold the position of an executive advisor to the Company for an additional four years. In addition, during that term, Moonves has the option to establish a production company under CBS's auspices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV