NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Having a good flight is no longer just about whether flights are on time. It's about whether Wi-Fi is available. Or can I charge my laptop? Is there entertainment? How much legroom?
Routehappy.com, which beta launched in March and attracted $1.5 million in seed funding a few months later, culls all that necessary travel information from a variety of sources -- seat-pitch data from the airline, scheduling and route information from elsewhere, etc. -- and mashes it up with personal reviews and experiences from its growing member base.
The New York company has mapped 60 airlines, which handle 80% of flights per day. Users can see exactly what amenities each flight offers and on their iPhone, no less.
This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV