LOS ANGELES, Oct. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Earthquakes, wildfires and floods are just a few of the natural disasters that can befall residents in California. Mercury Insurance, which offers automobile and homeowners insurance in California and 12 other states, knows the importance of being prepared for whatever disaster may occur. That's why 30 Mercury employees voluntarily trained for over a month to achieve Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) certification.
"We are in the business of helping people," said Joanna Moore, Mercury's chief claims officer. "We take this responsibility very seriously and our team is now better prepared to assist the communities we serve."
Employees from Southern California Mercury offices in Anaheim, Brea and Rancho Cucamonga have received CERT training in fire safety, search and rescue, terrorism response, medical operations (first aid, bleeding), disaster psychology and CERT organization."The CERT program provides our employees with the tools they will need to assist in nearly any disaster scenario," says Dana Taylor, senior human resources business partner and team leader. "It's an important program and it's a great way for us to demonstrate our commitment to the well-being of our employees, policyholders and the community." ABOUT MERCURY INSURANCE ( www.mercuryinsurance.com) Mercury Insurance (MCY) is a multiple-line insurance organization offering predominantly personal automobile and homeowners insurance through a network of independent agents in California, Florida, New Jersey, Texas, Arizona, New York, Georgia, Oklahoma, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, Virginia and Pennsylvania. Since 1962, Mercury has specialized in offering quality insurance at affordable prices – core values that distinguish Mercury in the marketplace. SOURCE Mercury Insurance
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV