DALLAS, Oct. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Television company Belo Corp. (NYSE: BLC) announced today that Brad Ramsey has been named president and general manager of WVEC-TV, Belo's ABC-affiliated station in Hampton/ Norfolk, Virginia beginning November 5, 2012.
Since July 2008, Ramsey has served as vice president and General Manager of WCAV-TV (CBS), WVAW-TV (ABC), and WAHU-TV (FOX), all in Charlottesville, Virginia. Prior to that, he was vice president and General Manager at WHSV-DT (ABC) in Winchester, Virginia from 2006 to 2008 and an account executive for WHSV in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Ramsey began his career in 2000 as an anchor/reporter at WHSV.
"Brad is an up-and-coming leader in the television industry who has delivered consistent revenue and ratings growth in his previous positions," said Kathy Clements, Belo's senior vice president/Media Operations. "His experience in the Virginia marketplace will be a significant asset to WVEC."
Ramsey is the 2012-2013 president-elect of the Virginia Association of Broadcasters and is past campaign chair of United Way Thomas Jefferson Area. He earned a Bachelor of Arts in Communications Studies and a Master of Business Administration from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University ( Virginia Tech).About Belo Corp. Television company Belo Corp. (NYSE: BLC) owns and operates 20 television stations (nine in the top 25 markets) and their associated websites. Belo stations, which include affiliations with ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and the CW, reach more than 14 percent of U.S. television households in 15 highly-attractive markets. Belo stations rank first or second in nearly all of their local markets. Additional information is available at www.belo.com or by contacting Paul Fry, vice president/Investor Relations & Treasury Operations, at 214-977-4465. SOURCE Belo Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV