DUBLIN, Oct. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc (Nasdaq: JAZZ) today announced the closing of the sale of its women's health business to Meda (an international specialty pharmaceutical company) for $95 million in cash.
The products included in the sale are Elestrin ® (estradiol gel), Gastrocrom ® (cromolyn sodium, USP), Natelle ® One (prenatal vitamin), AVC™ Cream (sulfanilamide), Gesticare ® DHA (prenatal multi-vitamin) and Urelle ® (urinary antiseptic).
For accounting purposes, the women's health business will be treated as a discontinued operation. More detail about the accounting impact of the transaction will be disclosed in pro forma financial statements filed on a Form 8-K and in the company's Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2012.
About Jazz PharmaceuticalsJazz Pharmaceuticals is a specialty biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing innovative products to meet unmet medical needs. The company's U.S. marketed products include: Xyrem ® (sodium oxybate), Erwinaze ™ (asparaginase Erwinia chrysanthemi), Prialt ® (ziconotide) intrathecal infusion, FazaClo ® (clozapine USP) HD and LD and Luvox CR ® (fluvoxamine maleate). Outside of the U.S., Jazz Pharmaceuticals also has a number of products marketed by an international division, EUSA Pharma. For further information, see http://www.jazzpharmaceuticals.com . SOURCE Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV