AKRON, Ohio, Oct. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- A. Schulman, Inc. (Nasdaq-GS: SHLM), a leading global supplier of engineered plastics, masterbatches, specialty powders and distribution services, will showcase its innovative new products and sustainable plastic solutions at the Fakuma 2012 International Trade Fair for Plastics Processing, October 16-20, in Friedrichshafen, Germany.
"A. Schulman provides a wide range of plastic solutions that enable our customers to meet their ever-increasing challenges by avoiding unnecessary production steps, decreasing material consumption, recycling renewable resources, and increasing the use of biodegradable plastics. Through innovation, A. Schulman works to achieve its goal of delivering sustainable products and continued economic success for its customers," said Bernard Rzepka, General Manager and Chief Operating Officer of A. Schulman, Europe, Middle East, Africa.
Solutions featured at the A. Schulman exhibit will include:
- Polybatch ® masterbatches for higher agricultural yields with a natural look. A. Schulman's new Polybatch ® EF 01258/10 and EF 38598/10 solutions are green and brown colored masterbatches that allow visually unobtrusive mulch films to be used in environmentally sensitive areas as alternatives to black or white mulch films. Mulch films with green or brown Polybatch ® significantly improve plant decomposition and help to ensure an optimal balance between the reflection and absorption of UV radiation. Polybatch ® EF 01258/10 and EF 38598/10 are also ideally suited for producing bags, toys and packaging materials.
- Special powders for enhanced durability and cleanliness. Cotene™, a new thermoplastic coating powder from ICO Polymers, an A. Schulman division, is a pioneering coating option that protects metals against corrosion. It also allows graffiti to be removed simply by using a rag and a standard household cleanser. Cotene™ is a clean and effective way to protect metal parts (such as hardware, grilles, fences, lamp posts, benches and playground equipment) from rust and paint stains. Cotene™ powders are available in a wide range of standard and customized colors, and are characterized by a pleasant surface feel.
In addition, metal parts that are exposed to extreme conditions – such as containers in chemical manufacturing plants, tanks used for highly concentrated acids, and super-smooth surfaces required in semiconductor facilities, exhaust nozzles and pharmaceutical centrifuges – can now be protected from corrosion using any one of five HALAR ® ECTFE powder types.
A. Schulman also has developed, in cooperation with DSM, a clean fuel-tank solution that prevents environment contamination from fuels. Icorene ® 7620 Fuel Lock™ is a high-performance powder coating that has demonstrated excellent resistance to the most common fuels. Its single-coating process also significantly reduces material consumption while enhancing recycling opportunities. With Cotene™, HALAR ® ECTFE, and Icorene ®, A. Schulman now offers three product series which significantly contribute to the longevity of end products as well as more efficient and resourceful production methods.
- Schulablend ® M/MK, an economical alternative for plastic surfaces. The advanced compounds of the Schulablend ® M/MK family are characterized by their resource-saving, environmentally friendly and cost-efficient production capabilities. Schulablend ® M/MK allows manufacturers to produce visually attractive surfaces without the need to paint plastic parts. This is especially true for the two new developments from the Schulablend ® family: Schulablend ® M/MK 8 GF and Schulablend ® M/MK (PA/ABS) K2004 SF (Super Flow).
Additional material solutions to create more sustainable products are being shown at the A. Schulman booth in Hall B1 at stand 1112.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.