SUWANEE, Ga., Oct. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ARRIS Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ARRS) today announced that it has expanded its cable edge portfolio, again. The newest member of the portfolio, the E6000 Converged Edge Router (E6000 CER) will be on display along with ARRIS C4 and C4c CMTS platforms and the Media Services Platform (MSP) in ARRIS booth #2802 at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2012. The portfolio helps cable operators prepare for CCAP, maximize bandwidth and add operational simplicity, allowing them to better meet changing subscriber demands.
Versatile Portfolio with a Strong History of Reliability
The CCAP-capable E6000 CER continues the highly successful legacy of the C4 CMTS and delivers new levels of density and cost-effectiveness in a simple, robust and integrated architecture. The C4 CMTS has been shipping in volume for over ten years, making it one of the industry's most successful CMTS platforms. Customers rely on and endorse its availability, performance, density, and total cost of ownership.
"We've been working with the major cable operators and CableLabs for over three years on the CCAP specifications and vision, and believe that now is the time to introduce the increased capabilities of the E6000," said Bruce McClelland, ARRIS President, Products & Services. "We have taken our CMTS and video processing experience and extended its hallmarks of reliability and availability into higher density applications which meet our customers' near term broadband distribution needs."Like the C4 CMTS, the E6000 CER provides a high availability, high performance solution with high scalability. Like the C4 CMTS, the E6000 supports a fully redundant design with no single point of failure, hitless fail-over, and hot-swapping of cards, and field-deployment ready IPv6. Operators can mix and match ARRIS cable edge products to create the optimum network configuration for deploying tomorrow's services with today's hardware.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV