Key Nielsen Highlights for the season three premiere "The Walking Dead":
Key Nielsen Highlights for season two premiere of "Talking Dead":
- 9pm premiere: 7.4 HH rating, +54% vs. season 2 premiere
- 9pm premiere: 10.9 million viewers, +50% vs. season 2 premiere
- 9pm premiere: 7.3 million Adults 18-49, +52% vs. season 2 premiere
- 9pm premiere: 6.1 million Adults 25-54, +46% vs. season 2 premiere
- 9pm,10pm and midnight encores: Grossed to 15.2 million viewers
- 11pm premiere: 1.7 HH rating with 2.1 million viewers, +69%/+85% vs. season 1 premiere
- 11pm premiere: 1.5 million Adults 18-49, +92% vs. season 1 premiere
- 11pm premiere: 1.3 million Adults 25-54, +71% vs. season 1 premiere
AMC's "The Walking Dead" is available on every major television provider except DISH. DISH dropped AMC and its sister networks IFC, WE tv and Sundance Channel, to gain leverage in an unrelated lawsuit.
For the past two years, "The Walking Dead" has received the Emmy Award for Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup (2012/2011). In 2010, "The Walking Dead" secured a Golden Globe nomination for Best Television Series - Drama. "The Walking Dead" tells the story of the months and years that follow the zombie apocalypse. It tracks a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safety and security.
Season three of "The Walking Dead" is already receiving rave reviews with the
New York Post
stating that the series is "flat-out scariest, best, most unusual show to ever hit the small screen is back, and I'm loving every sickening minute of it."
states that season three, "doesn't disappoint." The
declared that, "in less than two years, 'The Walking Dead' has jumped into a crowded pop-culture pool of serial killers, vampires and dragons to become a darling of the horror fantasy set."
AMC reigns as the only cable network in history to ever win the Emmy
Award for Outstanding Drama Series four years in a row. Whether commemorating favorite films from every genre and decade or creating acclaimed original programming, the AMC experience is an uncompromising celebration of great stories. AMC's original stories include "Mad Men," "Breaking Bad," "The Walking Dead" and "Hell on Wheels." AMC further demonstrates its commitment to the art of storytelling with its slate of unscripted original series, as well as curated movie franchises like
AMC's Can't Get Enough
AMC's Crazy About
. AMC is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc. and its sister networks include IFC, Sundance Channel and WE tv. AMC is available across all platforms, including on-air, online, on demand and mobile. AMC: Story Matters Here
CONTACT: Press Contacts: