Key Nielsen Highlights for the season three premiere "The Walking Dead":
- 9pm premiere: 7.4 HH rating, +54% vs. season 2 premiere
- 9pm premiere: 10.9 million viewers, +50% vs. season 2 premiere
- 9pm premiere: 7.3 million Adults 18-49, +52% vs. season 2 premiere
- 9pm premiere: 6.1 million Adults 25-54, +46% vs. season 2 premiere
- 9pm,10pm and midnight encores: Grossed to 15.2 million viewers
Key Nielsen Highlights for season two premiere of "Talking Dead":
- 11pm premiere: 1.7 HH rating with 2.1 million viewers, +69%/+85% vs. season 1 premiere
- 11pm premiere: 1.5 million Adults 18-49, +92% vs. season 1 premiere
- 11pm premiere: 1.3 million Adults 25-54, +71% vs. season 1 premiere
AMC's "The Walking Dead" is available on every major television provider except DISH. DISH dropped AMC and its sister networks IFC, WE tv and Sundance Channel, to gain leverage in an unrelated lawsuit.
For the past two years, "The Walking Dead" has received the Emmy Award for Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup (2012/2011). In 2010, "The Walking Dead" secured a Golden Globe nomination for Best Television Series - Drama. "The Walking Dead" tells the story of the months and years that follow the zombie apocalypse. It tracks a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safety and security.Season three of "The Walking Dead" is already receiving rave reviews with the New York Post stating that the series is "flat-out scariest, best, most unusual show to ever hit the small screen is back, and I'm loving every sickening minute of it." Newsday states that season three, "doesn't disappoint." The Houston Chronicle declared that, "in less than two years, 'The Walking Dead' has jumped into a crowded pop-culture pool of serial killers, vampires and dragons to become a darling of the horror fantasy set." About AMC AMC reigns as the only cable network in history to ever win the Emmy ® Award for Outstanding Drama Series four years in a row. Whether commemorating favorite films from every genre and decade or creating acclaimed original programming, the AMC experience is an uncompromising celebration of great stories. AMC's original stories include "Mad Men," "Breaking Bad," "The Walking Dead" and "Hell on Wheels." AMC further demonstrates its commitment to the art of storytelling with its slate of unscripted original series, as well as curated movie franchises like AMC's Can't Get Enough and AMC's Crazy About. AMC is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc. and its sister networks include IFC, Sundance Channel and WE tv. AMC is available across all platforms, including on-air, online, on demand and mobile. AMC: Story Matters Here SM.
CONTACT: Press Contacts: Olivia Dupuis OJDupuis@amctv.com 212.324.4748 Georgia Juvelis firstname.lastname@example.org 917.542.6390
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts