"The Walking Dead" Outdelivers Cable and Broadcast Hits Including "Hatfields & McCoys," "Jersey Shore," "Modern Family," "The Big Bang Theory" and "The Voice"
Season Premiere Delivers 10.9M Viewers/7.4 HH (9PM) and 15.2M Viewers/10.7 HH (for Night), up More Than 50% Versus Season Two
Season 3 Premiere Now Reigns as Biggest Telecast for Drama in Basic Cable History Among All ViewersFor the Night, Season Three Delivers 10.3 Million Viewers Adults 18-49, 8.6 Million Viewers Adults 25-54 "Talking Dead" Attracts 2.1M Viewers for Season Two Premiere, up 85% NEW YORK, Oct. 15, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The biggest show of the fall season among Adults 18-49 is on AMC. Last night, AMC premiered season three of "The Walking Dead" and outdelivered cable and broadcast hits including "Hatfields & McCoys," "Jersey Shore," "Modern Family," "The Big Bang Theory" and "The Voice." The 9pm ET premiere garnered 10.9 million viewers and a 7.4 HH rating making it the highest rated episode in series history, and growing more than 50% over last season's premiere. The season 3 premiere now reigns as the biggest telecast for any drama series in basic cable history among all viewers. "The Walking Dead" encored at 10pm with 3.5 million viewers and midnight with 850,000 viewers delivering 15.2 million viewers for the night. In addition, the season two premiere of "Talking Dead" at 11pm attracted 2.1 million viewers, growing 85% over the season one premiere. Source: Nielsen Media Research, L+SD. Program premieres and encores, excluding sports. Broadcast season to date (9/24/12 – 10/11/12). "Thank you to the fans for making 'The Walking Dead' such a tremendous success. We are honored and humbled that television's largest adult audience resides on AMC. So many people on both sides of the camera worked tirelessly on this project, and I thank and congratulate each of them for their amazing contribution," said Charlie Collier, president of AMC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV