BOSTON, Oct. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Atlantic Power Corporation (TSX: ATP) (NYSE: AT) (the "Company") today announced its distribution for the month of October 2012. A dividend of Cdn$0.09583 per common share will be payable on November 30, 2012 to holders of record at the close of business on October 31, 2012.
Dividend Reinvestment Plan
On August 8, 2012, Atlantic Power announced the details of the Company's Dividend Reinvestment Plan ("DRIP" or the "Plan"). The DRIP allows eligible holders of Common Shares to reinvest their cash dividends (if, as and when declared by the Company's board of directors and paid) to acquire additional Common Shares of Atlantic Power at a 3% discount to market price, as defined in the Plan.
All holders of Common Shares who are Canadian or U.S. residents are eligible to participate in the Plan. Shareholders who wish to participate in the DRIP should contact their brokerage firm to enroll in the Plan.
A complete copy of the DRIP and enrollment information is available in the "Investors" section of the Company's website www.atlanticpower.com or here . Shareholders are urged to carefully read the complete Plan before making any decisions regarding their participation in the DRIP.
Participation in the DRIP does not relieve shareholders of any liability for taxes that may be payable in respect of dividends that are reinvested in new Common Shares pursuant to the DRIP. Eligible shareholders interested in participating in the DRIP should consult their own tax advisors concerning the tax implications and consequences of their participation in the DRIP in their particular circumstances.
This news release does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy securities in any jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV