Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
Cramer said AT&T and Verizon had become great income producers for investors and also built up quite a bit of momentum as of late, but the Sprint Nextel (S) deal, as well as the T-Mobile acquisition of MetroPCS (PCS), means that there are now two more viable competitors in the market place.
While many had written off Sprint, the company is now fully capitalized and has an aggressive partner in Softbank, said Cramer. He said the government is likely to approve both deals as it wants to have as many players in the market as possible.So when should investors consider jumping back into AT&T or Verizon? Cramer said he'd wait until their dividend yields hit 5.25%. Watch the full Cramer interview
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV