Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): Cramer explained that Alexion has so-called orphan drugs to treat rare blood disorders. The "orphan" status means the government helps in any way possible to bring these drugs to market.
Alexion's primary drug, Soliris, is one of the most expensive drugs available, costing $500,000 a year. The company is now seeking to expand Soliris to treat rare kidney diseases, which could add another $900 million to Soliris already $2 billion in revenues. Tack on other possible uses for Soliris and, Cramer said, Alexion could have $5.4 billion in revenue over the next few years. That's part of the reason why shares of Alexion are up 321% since Cramer first recommended it in Oct 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV