Rating Change #4
Copano Energy LLC
has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, increase in stock price during the past year and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 325.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$9.36 million to $21.12 million.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- COPANO ENERGY LLC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, COPANO ENERGY LLC reported poor results of -$2.86 versus -$0.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.02 versus -$2.86).
- CPNO, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 1.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for COPANO ENERGY LLC is currently extremely low, coming in at 13.30%. Regardless of CPNO's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.70% trails the industry average.
Copano Energy, L.L.C. provides midstream services to natural gas producers in the United States. The company's services include natural gas gathering, compression, dehydration, treating, marketing, transportation, processing, and fractionation. Copano Energy has a market cap of $2.42 billion and is part of the
industry. Shares are down 2.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
You can view the full
Copano Energy Ratings Report
or get investment ideas from our
investment research center