Rating Change #8
International Speedway Corporation
has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ISCA's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.24 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.06, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, INTL SPEEDWAY CORP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $15.43 million or 44.24% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
International Speedway Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, promotes motorsports themed entertainment activities in the United States. The company's motorsports themed event operations consist of racing events at its motorsports entertainment facilities. The company has a P/E ratio of 21, above the average leisure industry P/E ratio of 20.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. International Speedway has a market cap of $663.3 million and is part of the
industry. Shares are down 0.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
You can view the full
International Speedway Ratings Report
or get investment ideas from our
investment research center