Marcellus Shale Impact Fee Brings In More Than $204 Million For Pennsylvania Communities
Money Will Benefit Host Communities, Conservation and Public Protection
HARRISBURG, Pa., Oct. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Governor Tom Corbett today announced that Act 13, along with greatly enhancing environmental standards to ensure the protection of our natural resources, has generated more than $204.2 million through the new impact fee. Most of this money will be distributed directly to local communities across the state.
"The Marcellus industry continues to create jobs and prosperity for our state's working families," Corbett said. "We are excited and encouraged by this growth, but we know that every leap forward has an impact. That's why this impact fee is appropriate; millions of dollars will go directly to help the communities who need it.
"I've said it before, energy equals jobs; not just in the industry itself, but in various fields all across Pennsylvania," Corbett said. "We're ushering in a new industrial revolution, and we're doing it responsibly with our world-class environmental standards and by providing the communities who are hosting and impacted by natural gas development with the financial resources they need to address those impacts."Corbett was joined by Lt. Gov Jim Cawley, Public Utility Commission Chairman Rob Powelson and members of the General Assembly for today's announcement. Corbett said that counties and municipalities may use these funds on various expenses related to impacts from natural gas development, including:
- Construction, repair and maintenance of roads, bridges and other public infrastructure;
- Water, storm water and sewer system construction and repair;
- Emergency response preparedness, training, equipment, responder recruitment;
- Preservation and reclamation of surface and subsurface water supplies;
- Records management, geographic information systems and information technology;
- Projects which increase the availability of affordable housing to low-income residents;
- Delivery of social services, including domestic relations, drug and alcohol treatment, job training and counseling;
- Offsetting increased judicial system costs, including training;
- Assistance to county conservation districts for inspection, oversight and enforcement of natural gas development; and
- County or municipal planning.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV