U.S. Senator Marco Rubio Endorses Amendments 6 & 8
Cites Life & Liberty as Critical Aspects of Both
TALLAHASSEE, Fla., Oct. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- U.S. Senator and former Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives Marco Rubio announced today that he formally supports Amendment 6 and Amendment 8, both on the November ballot here in Florida.
"These amendments promote life and liberty and I am proud to support them and I strongly encourage Floridians to vote in favor of each," said Rubio.
Amendment 6 prohibits use of public funds for abortion with exceptions, aligning Florida law and the longstanding law that has governed federal abortion funding for decades, known as the Hyde Amendment. It includes exceptions in situations of rape, incest, physical disorder, injury or illness that would result in the death of a woman if an abortion is not performed."Regardless of whether one is pro-life or pro-choice, a strong majority is clearly united against the use of public funds for abortions," said Rubio. "It is important to use precious health care dollars for those most in need such as the disabled, children, elderly and others without the benefit of health insurance. I am also heartened that passage of Amendment 6 will enable the Florida legislature to take the first step in the restoration of parental consent as a requirement for an abortion sought by an underage girl. This will enable a child's parents to be involved in a life-changing decision." With regard to Amendment 8, Sen. Rubio noted its passage "ensures continued delivery of crucial social services by faith-based organizations across the state." Litigation, specifically a case citing the "no aid" provision or "Blaine amendment" of the Florida Constitution, leaves hundreds of social service programs operated by religious organizations serving thousands of the needy in jeopardy – simply by virtue of their being religious.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV