High-power industrial applications such as solar power inverters, motor drives and uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) demand a gate driver optocoupler with high performance and critical protection features. Fairchild Semiconductor (NYSE: FCS) developed the FOD8316 smart gate driver optocoupler, an advanced 2.5A output current IGBT drive optocoupler to help designers meet this challenge.
The FOD8316 optocoupler offers the critical protection necessary for preventing fault conditions that lead to destructive thermal runaways of IGBTs. This new product family is comprised of high-speed isolated feedback for fault sensing and is ideally suited for driving fast-switching power IGBTs and MOSFETs. The device consists of an integrated gate drive optocoupler featuring low R DS(ON) CMOS transistors to drive the IGBT from rail-to-rail.
Features and Benefits:
- 2.5A output current driving capability for most 1,200V/150A IGBT
- High noise immunity characterized by CMR: 35kV/µsec @Vcm-1500Vpk
- 1, 414V peak working insulation voltage and 8,000V peak transient isolation voltage rating
- Output voltage swing rail-to-rail for low-power dissipation
- Soft IGBT turn-off
- High-speed: 500nsec propagation delay time
- 3.3V/5V, CMOS/TTL for logic input
Fairchild enables customers to drive innovation in their designs by developing solutions like the FOD8316 – which is part of Fairchild’s comprehensive portfolio of high-performance optocouplers, power management ICs, high-voltage gate driver ICs, and discrete power IGBTs/MOSFETs. The FOD8316 offers best-in-class noise immunity resulting from its proprietary Optoplanar ® coplanar packaging technology. The Optoplanar technology ensures safe insulation thickness of more than 0.4 millimeters in attaining reliable high-voltage isolation, certified by UL1577 and DIN EN/IEC60747-5-5 standards.Fairchild Semiconductor: Solutions for Your Success™ Packaging and Pricing Information (in US 1,000 quantity pieces) Samples available upon request - Delivery 8-12 weeks ARO
- Available in a 16-lead SOIC package the FOD8316 is priced at $3.50 and the FOD8316V ispriced at $3.52
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts