PHILADELPHIA, Oct. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- This Halloween, Tastykake is joining forces with North America's largest chocolate manufacturer, The Hershey Company, to introduce a delicious new treat that combines the "best of both worlds." New Kandy Bar Kakes are the perfect blend of cake and candy, made with real quality ingredients and featuring HERSHEY'S ® most popular flavors.
"Tastykake is thrilled to partner with HERSHEY'S® to introduce the new and innovative Kandy Bar Kakes, perfect for the Halloween season," says Brent Bradshaw, the vice president of marketing for Flowers Foods cake brands. " HERSHEY'S ® incredible brand recognition, along with the renowned freshness and deliciousness of Tastykake, will ensure Kandy Bar Kakes become family favorites."
Each Kandy Bar Kake is baked to perfection and has the sensational flavor of HERSHEY'S ® in every bite. Kandy Bar Kake varieties include S'mores Kandy Bar Kake made with HERSHEY'S ® Cocoa, Peanut Butter Kandy Bar Kake made with REESE'S ® Peanut Butter, and Peppermint Kandy Bar Kake made with YORK ® Peppermint Flavor.With Halloween just around the corner, Tastykake has dreamed up frightfully delightful dessert ideas to transform any Halloween celebration into a sweet affair. These fun, simple and affordable dessert tips are perfect for families planning the ultimate Halloween party.
- Coffin Cakes: These terrifying treats are made with Peppermint Kandy Bar Kakes and ready-made chocolate frosting. With a knife, trim the long edges of the cake into a coffin shape and cover the entire cake with chocolate frosting. For that final frightening touch, outline the cake with white icing and spell out R.I.P. at the top.
- Spooky S'more Pops: Campfire ghost stories are the inspiration behind this Halloween treat. Cut in half a S'mores Kandy Bar Kake and insert a lollipop stick into each half. Cover the entire cake with marshmallow fluff, making sure to coat a portion of the lollipop stick. Roll the cake in crumbled graham crackers and place in the freezer for 15 minutes until the marshmallow and graham cracker coating hardens.
- Creepy Crawly Cake Bites: Satisfy even the most ghoulish guests with bite-sized treats made with the Peanut Butter Kandy Bar Kake. Simply cut the cake in half width-wise, place four licorice pieces into each side for legs, and top with two candy corns for eyes to create a creepy crawly spider.
- Devilish Dirt Cups: Make guests squirm with delicious "dirt" cups made with any of the Kandy Bar Kakes. Crumble the cakes into small pieces and mix with chocolate pudding. Top the cake mixture with a few colorful gummy worms and serve in petite mason jars for a trendy touch.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV