Reuters reports that Deutsche Telekom's CFO Timotheus Hoettges told German newspaper Boersenzeitung that the merger should be completed in the second quarter of 2013.
The deal, announced nearly two weeks ago, will see MetroPCS buying T-Mobile's U.S. operation - the fourth largest cellular company in this country - in an effective 26%-74% reverse merger. The newly combined company should be better equipped to compete with larger rivals AT&T (T)and Verizon (VZ).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV