Today, Rackspace® Hosting (NYSE: RAX), the open cloud company, announced product certifications for Rackspace Private Cloud partners.
“We have seen great demand from companies to certify their products, hardware or software, against Rackspace Private Cloud,” said Scott Sanchez, director of strategy, Rackspace Private Cloud. “We want to continue to foster adoption of open clouds and make it easier for our customers and partners to deploy Rackspace Private Cloud in their data centers.“
Rackspace makes deploying and managing private clouds easy. In less than an hour, a Rackspace Private Cloud, dubbed “Alamo,” can be downloaded and deployed in a customer’s data center and supported by the open cloud experts at Rackspace. Thousands of companies, organizations and individuals from around the world have downloaded the Rackspace Private Cloud software and are using it today. Rackspace is now extending the capabilities of this offer by providing programs to help its technology partners validate their offerings against Rackspace Private Cloud, and thereby making those solutions more attractive to customers using Rackspace Private Cloud solutions.
Product Certifications for Rackspace Private CloudBuilding hardware, applications and other platforms that power or run on private clouds based on OpenStack requires deep expertise and knowledge. Rackspace is helping to solve this problem by offering a product certification program for Rackspace Private Cloud. As a consistent, supportable and tested platform, Rackspace Private Cloud is quickly becoming the gold standard to test products for compatibility with open private clouds. There are two types of Rackspace product certifications available:
- Technology Alliance Program - Designed for hardware and platform vendors that provide products and solutions in conjunction with Rackspace Private Cloud. Technology Alliance Partners would include compute, hardware, storage hardware, networking, operating systems and management tools. Rackspace engineers work with partner teams to provide detailed testing criteria in QA and validation labs to validate compatibility.
- "Built For" Program – Designed for software vendors building applications that run in the guest virtual machines or manage the application workloads on a Rackspace Private Cloud. Rackspace provides a testing suite and a hosted validation environment that confirms the compatibility of the application with Rackspace Private Cloud.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts