This Day On The Street
Continue to site
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

Warren Resources Completes The Acquisition Of Natural Gas And Midstream Assets In The Washakie Basin, Wyoming From Anadarko Petroleum

NEW YORK, Oct. 15, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Warren Resources, Inc. (Nasdaq:WRES) announced today that it has closed the purchase and sale transaction under the previously announced agreement to acquire certain additional natural gas and midstream assets from subsidiaries of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation ("Anadarko") in the Atlantic Rim Project area, Washakie Basin, Wyoming. By exercising its preferential rights and closing this transaction with Anadarko:
  • Warren acquired 79% of Anadarko's working interest in the Spyglass Hill Unit area within the Atlantic Rim Project, representing approximately 37,142 net leasehold acres and an approximate 32.8% additional total unit working interest therein, for a purchase price of $11.4 million, which increased its working interest in the entire unit from 30.1% to 62.9%.  With this acquisition, Warren's working interests in the three currently producing participating areas ("PA") increased as follows: (A) the Doty Mountain PA increased from approximately 40% to 73%; (B) the Sun Dog PA increased from approximately 42% to 67%; and (C) the Grace Point PA increased from approximately 45% to 86%.  
  • Warren also acquired 26.5% of Anadarko's interest in the Catalina Unit area within the Atlantic Rim Project, representing approximately 1,121 net leasehold acres and an approximate 5.2% additional total unit working interest therein, for a purchase price of $0.7 million, which increased its working interest in the entire unit area from 16.9% to about 22%. With this acquisition, Warren's working interest in the currently producing Catalina Unit PA increased from approximately 8.0% to 12.5%.  
  • Lastly, Warren acquired 100% of Anadarko's 50% interest in the gas gathering, compression and pipeline midstream assets within the Atlantic Rim Project for a purchase price of $4 million. The midstream assets consist of gathering and compression equipment and a 59 mile long pipeline that transports gas from the gathering systems throughout the Spyglass Hill Unit area to the Wyoming Interstate Company (WIC) interstate gas transportation pipeline.

As a result of the transaction, Warren's estimated proved developed reserves in the Atlantic Rim increased by approximately 18.3 billion cubic feet. Additionally, the acquisition will add natural gas production of about 7.8 million cubic feet per day. As a result, Warren acquired proved developed reserves at a price of $0.65 per thousand cubic feet ("Mcf"), or approximately $1,550 per flowing Mcf, of natural gas production.

1 of 2

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Real Money

More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.

Product Features:
  • Access to Jim Cramer's daily blog
  • Intraday commentary and news
  • Real-time trading forums
Only $49.95
14-Days Free
14-Days Free
AAPL $94.10 -1.10%
FB $117.69 0.22%
GOOG $696.97 0.67%
TSLA $224.00 -3.60%
YHOO $35.97 -0.11%


Chart of I:DJI
DOW 17,659.34 -91.57 -0.52%
S&P 500 2,048.00 -15.37 -0.74%
NASDAQ 4,718.88 -44.3440 -0.93%

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs