WWE® (NYSE: WWE) announced today that WrestleMania 28 generated a record-breaking $102.7 million in economic impact for the city of Miami and Miami-Dade County this past April, according to a study conducted by the Enigma Research Corporation.
This new record for WrestleMania’s economic impact represents a $40 million increase over WrestleMania 27 in Atlanta. WrestleMania 28 also generated approximately $15.3 million in local, state and county taxes.
“ WrestleMania Week brought tens-of-thousands of fans from across the globe to sample the beautiful hotels, restaurants and businesses of Miami,” said Jose “Pepe” Diaz, Miami-Dade County Commissioner and Chairman of the Miami-Dade Sports Commission. “Our economy, as well as our community, significantly benefited from the week of events, and we thank WWE for shining their international spotlight on our wonderful city."
"We are thrilled that Miami and the state of Florida were the recipients of WrestleMania’s largest economic impact ever. This result is a testament to that community’s hard work and extensive planning," said John P. Saboor, Senior Vice President of Special Events for WWE. "Commissioner Diaz and all of our public and private sector partners did an exceptional job of welcoming our fans from around the world for WWE’s largest annual celebration. We now turn our focus to the New York/New Jersey region for what will assuredly be a historic WrestleMania 29.”A capacity crowd of 78,363 fans from all 50 states and 36 countries attended WWE’s pop-culture extravaganza this past April. Key highlights from the study include:
- $102.7 million of direct, indirect and induced impact derived from spending by non-locals visiting specifically for WrestleMania XXVIII.
- 71% of fans that attended WrestleMania were from outside the Miami area and stayed an average of four nights.
- The economic impact derived from WrestleMania Week was equal to the creation of 1,020 full-time jobs for the area.
- $6.9 million was spent by non-locals at Miami and Miami-Dade County restaurants.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV