Again, for emphasis, I am not a perma-bear or a Cassandra; I am simply responding to the fundamental and technical realities of the marketplace.
If the U.S. stock market falls in line with my expectations, I am optimistic that there will be plenty of developing opportunities. Indeed, even in the recent modest 3% drop from the recent highs, I have already begun to uncover selected and new long investment ideas, including Yahoo! (YHOO), Sourcefire (FIRE), Fusion-io (FIO) and Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY).
As we enter this year's final three months, the one thing I am certain about is that uncertainty will characterize the investing, economic, profits and political backdrop.
Accordingly, I continue to expect the balance of the year to be one in which there is a lot of volatility.Hopefully, this will provide us with a chance to deliver good investment returns through opportunistic trading, a strategy that I have begun to employ more aggressively in recent weeks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV