NEUSS, Germany, Oct. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MICROS Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRS), a leading provider of information technology solutions for the hospitality and retail industries, is pleased to announce that the Pestana Group, Portugal's leading hospitality group, has selected MICROS OPERA for its 9 properties in Brazil, expanding its decade long partnership with MICROS, which has included the MICROS OPERA Enterprise Solution, along with a variety of MICROS Point-of-Sale (POS) solutions for its restaurants. Through the expanded partnership, The Pestana Group will begin to replace its legacy technology in all of its Brazilian properties with MICROS OPERA as the hotel group pursues to expand the scope of its operations.
The Pestana Group presently owns and manages 90 properties, spread over 13 countries in 3 continents under the brands "Pestana Hotels & Resorts", and "Pousadas de Portugal", its historic properties' brand. The Pestana Group has embraced innovation to enhance its competitive position and the Group's quality standards. MICROS offers a global presence and support infrastructure, including in the fast emerging Brazilian market. Most importantly, MICROS offers flexibility and scalability with its MICROS OPERA and MICROS POS solutions, designed to address Pestana's evolving needs as it continues its growth trajectory.
In parallel, The Pestana Group subscribed to the newly established MICROS Consulting Services to perform an OPERA audit for its Central Reservations Office. Three major goals of the OPERA audit was to ensure Pestana's CRO is benefiting from the full utilization of OPERA functionality and how the current structure could support a shift into global CRO operations, to receive independent strategic advice on further interface developments to support growth plans, and finally to qualify if the CRO team's skill set is appropriate to make the most of the OPERA Suite of products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV