iRobot Corp. (NASDAQ: IRBT), a leader in delivering robotic technology-based solutions, has received a $10 million indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract from the U.S. Army’s Robotic Systems Joint Program Office (RSJPO) for maintenance training and spares for the iRobot 310 SUGV. An initial $2 million order under the contract for spares has also been placed. Deliveries will be completed by Q1 2013.
The iRobot 310 SUGV is a tactical mobile robot that gathers situational awareness in dangerous conditions for warfighters and public safety professionals.(Photo: Business Wire)
The iRobot 310 SUGV is a man-portable robot for dismounted mobile operations. SUGV enters areas that are inaccessible or too dangerous for people, providing state-of-the-art technology for infantry troops, combat engineers, mobile EOD technicians and other personnel.
In addition, iRobot has received a $3.7 million order from the RSJPO for heads-down controllers. The handheld controller includes a 5.6” LCD display screen that is sunlight readable. This order is separate from the IDIQ contract, and deliveries will be completed by Q4 2012.
“iRobot is pleased to continue its partnership with the Army to provide world class robotic capabilities that help keep our warfighters out of harm’s way,” said Frank Wilson, senior vice president and general manager of iRobot’s Defense & Security business unit. “We are delivering the heads-down controller in response to specific requests from the field. This easy to use controller provides the operator with a high degree of situational awareness while conducting dangerous missions.”iRobot has delivered more than 5,000 robots to military and civil defense forces. The robots perform multiple missions on the land and in the water, protecting troops, saving lives and making a difference around the world.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV