Joining Gregory Japan as sales manager is 15 year outdoor industry veteran Ken Kinbara, who most recently worked at A&F as Gregory's brand manager. In addition, three members of the former Gregory Asia Pacific office will become immediate additions to the team. Haruhiko ("Harry") Kondo will assume the role of marketing manager and has worked with Gregory for over 10 years, serving in various roles including consultant and manager of the Asia Pacific office. Takuji Sasaki will continue his duties as marketing coordinator and Kenjiro Nakajima will take on the role of product and sales analyst.
Naoko Kojima has been hired as controller for Gregory Japan. Beginning in 2008, she served as the finance and operations manager of Lancel Japan, a division of the luxury goods holding company, Richemont. Prior to Lancel, she worked with Accenture Japan in a variety of consulting projects.
Metcalf concluded: "The primary focus for Mori and the team is to insure a smooth start-up for Gregory Japan and to continue an outstanding level of service for our valued retail partners. However, in the months and years ahead, we expect to add functions and brands as part of our broader strategic vision. We anticipate other Black Diamond brands, including the recently acquired European-based POC and PIEPS, will benefit from support and other synergies offered by the Gregory Japan platform."
Gregory Japan's new headquarters will be located in the Soko Building at 24 Kaigandori 4-chrome, Naka Ward, Yokohama. The site was once occupied by a warehouse that the Company is remodeling to suit its progressive style. With approximately 4,200 square feet of office space, Gregory Japan plans for 20-25 employees by the end of 2013.There are no plans to alter the existing Black Diamond Equipment branded gear distribution structure that the Company has with its long-time Japanese partner, Lost Arrow.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV