Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (NYSE: FDO) today announced that it has named Jocelyn Wong to the position of Senior Vice President – Chief Marketing Officer. Ms. Wong will report to Michael Bloom, President and Chief Operating Officer.
“Effectively communicating our everyday value pricing to our customer is critical to driving trips and reinforcing our brand to grow our market share,” said Mr. Bloom. “In a highly competitive retail environment, Jocelyn brings the experience and strategic vision we need to drive innovation in how we communicate to our customer to differentiate our brand and improve customer loyalty through our circulars and in-store experience.”
Ms. Wong began her career with Proctor and Gamble where she held various roles including Associate Marketing Director, NA Oral Care. Most recently she served as Group Vice President, Shopper Marketing for Safeway, where she led the creation of a newly formed shopper marketing organization. Ms. Wong holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering and Biochemistry from Purdue University.
About Family DollarBeginning with one store in Charlotte, North Carolina, in 1959, the Company currently operates more than 7,400 stores in 45 states. Family Dollar Stores, Inc., a Fortune 300 company, is based in Matthews, North Carolina, just outside of Charlotte and is a publicly held company with common stock traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol FDO. For more information, please visit www.familydollar.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV