The allowance for loan losses at September 30, 2012 was $28.4 million, representing 2.46% of total net loans, compared to $30.4 million, or 2.61%, at December 31, 2011. The allowance included specific reserves for impaired loans (comprised of all nonaccrual loans as well as accruing TDRs) at each date totaling $5 million and $8 million, respectively.
At September 30, 2012, the Company had a deferred tax asset totaling $32 million, which included remaining unused NOL and AMT credit carryforwards totaling $22 million for Federal tax purposes and $52 million for State and Local tax purposes. These carryforwards are available to reduce taxes payable on the Company's future taxable income.
Deposits at September 30, 2012 decreased to $1.43 billion from $1.66 billion at December 31, 2011, primarily reflecting a $210 million decrease in CD accounts, of which $43 million were brokered. At September 30, there were $85 million of brokered CDs outstanding with a rate of 4.89% and $36 million mature within one year. The Bank expects to repay these CDs as they mature.
Borrowed funds and related interest payable at September 30, 2012 decreased to $69.5 million, from $78.6 million at December 31, 2011, due to the maturity and repayment of $10.5 million of FHLB borrowings, partially offset by a $1.4 million increase in accrued interest payable on trust preferred securities (TRUPs). Since February 2010, as required by its regulator and as permitted by the underlying documents, the Company has suspended the payment of interest on $55 million of its debt in the form of TRUPs as well as the declaration and payment of dividends on $25 million of TARP preferred stock held by the U.S. Treasury.Stockholders' equity increased to $207 million at September 30, 2012 from $198 million at December 31, 2011, primarily due to $8.7 million of net earnings before preferred dividend requirements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV