NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Tuesday's earnings reports includes five components of the Dow Industrial Average, and gives us a gauge on spending on technology spending, medical consumer products, healthcare maintenance services and soft drinks.
Away from the Dow industrials we have a railroad and an investment banking firm. By the end of Tuesday we will have a better sense of what's happening in several segments of the U.S. and global economies.
Last week the Dow declined 282 points to 13,329 testing and holding its 50-day simple moving average at 13,318.79. There was a technical downgrade on the weekly chart as the Dow ended the week below its five-week modified moving average at 13,356. The shift to neutral becomes a problem over the next week or two if the weekly momentum reading begins to decline out of overbought territory.
The weekly chart shows downside risk to the 200-week simple moving average at 10,984, which held on weakness between August 2011 and September 2011. My annual value level is 12,312 with a monthly pivot at 13,506 and annual and quarterly risky levels at 14,032 and 14,192, which are below the October 2007 high at 14,198.10.Source: Thomson/Reuters
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV