Salin Bank’s tellers will be staying open for business longer and reaching their customers at their convenience, even though the bank branches’ doors are locked. The family owned bank, which serves customers in northern and central Indiana, will begin the largest installation to date of NCR (NYSE: NCR) APTRA™ Interactive Teller.
The new video-based interactive technology allows customers to conduct transactions and receive banking services with a live, centrally based teller, who has complete control of the Interactive Teller machine. The simultaneous video and audio connection can help customers complete 95 percent of the teller services that can be done inside a branch. NCR Interactive Teller will allow Salin Bank to offer teller services well beyond traditional branch hours; tellers will be available on Interactive Teller until 7 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays.
Using the ability to instantly deploy tellers to meet customer demand over the existing ATM network, Salin Bank will install Interactive Teller in the drive-through lane at most of its branch network for extended service hours and more personalized service. The bank also will install units in branch lobbies to help decrease wait times during busy branch hours, and several more units in new locations in order to reach underserved areas.
“NCR is at the forefront of the future of branch banking,” said Bill Salin, president and chief executive officer, Salin Bank. “We’re always exploring new ideas to help our customers, and we wanted to offer our clients longer hours and more locations – but without losing that personal touch. When we saw this technology in action, we knew this would be a winning combination for our customers, our employees and our business.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV