"Zip To The Polls" This Election Day With Half-Price Zipcar Rates
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Oct. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In an effort to encourage members to get out and vote this Election Day, Zipcar, Inc. (Nasdaq: ZIP), the world's leading car sharing network, is offering a special 2012 Election Day discount to make it easier to get to the polling stations on November 6. As part of the " Zip to the Polls" program, hourly rates will be reduced by half on all Zipcars nationwide between the polling hours of 5am and 9pm (local time) on November 6, 2012.
Zipcar members can take advantage of the reduced reservation rates to use Zipcar to head to their voting station at any point during the day, and can also use Zipcar to help provide transportation for friends and family members who may need assistance getting out to vote.
"We know a lot of our members are actively engaged in civic affairs and passionate about issues, but also lead busy and active lifestyles. We want to make it as easy as possible for our members to cast a ballot in this year's election by providing the flexibility to get to the polls whenever is most convenient, whether that's in the morning, at lunch, during the workday or the evening," said Scott Griffith, Zipcar chairman and CEO.Zipcar is also working with Rock the Vote to encourage strong turnout at the polls this year by making it possible to register to vote via the Zipcar Facebook page. "Nearly 60 percent of our members are Millennials, or part of the 18-34 age group, which aligns nicely with Rock the Vote. We're proud to support this important cause and help mobilize our members to 'zip to the polls' and participate in this year's election," continued Griffith.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV