Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ: VTSS), a leading provider of advanced IC solutions for Carrier and Enterprise networks, announced that its VeriTime™ chipset was named a finalist for the LTE North America Awards 2012 in the Best Chipset/Processor category. Consisting of SynchroPHY™ 1 Gigabit Ethernet (GE), 10GE and 10GE OTN PHYs and Carrier Ethernet Switch Engines with Vitesse’s IEEE1588v2 LTE-Advanced-ready VeriTime technology, the chipset has already been adopted by customers comprising 60% market share in microwave backhaul and 75% market share in millimeter-wave backhaul.
Established by Informa Telecoms & Media, the LTE North America Awards 2012 celebrate excellence in the North American LTE marketplace and are judged by a prestigious panel of industry experts drawn from the analyst community. These awards recognize finalists and winners for their contributions, innovation and impact on the future of mobile broadband. Vitesse Semiconductor joins wireless industry leaders such as Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco Systems, Nokia Siemens Networks and other companies making the shortlist in various categories.
The winners will be announced during the LTE North America 2012 event at a gala dinner taking place on November 14, 2012 at the Fairmont Hotel in Dallas, Texas.
About VitesseVitesse (NASDAQ: VTSS) designs a diverse portfolio of high-performance semiconductor solutions for Carrier and Enterprise networks worldwide. Vitesse products enable the fastest-growing network infrastructure markets including Mobile Access/IP Edge, Cloud Computing and SMB/SME Enterprise Networking. Visit www.vitesse.com or follow us on Twitter @VitesseSemi. Vitesse is a registered trademark and VeriTime and SynchroPHY are trademarks of Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other trademarks or registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective holders. VTSS-G
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV