NEW YORK -- Goldman Sachs (GS), the investment bank, is expected by analysts Tuesday to report third-quarter earnings of $2.12 a share on revenue of $7.30 billion.
Thomson Reuters has tabbed Goldman as a likely candidate for an upside surprise. It noted that its research shows the consensus view has been moving higher since September and that analysts who have been the most accurate in the past are particularly bullish this time around.
Health care company Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) is expected Tuesday to post third-quarter profit of $1.21 a share on revenue of $16.95 billion. Buy Alcoa, Intel; Sell Infosys; Hold Johnson & Johnson
Coca-Cola (KO) and UnitedHealth (UNH) also report earnings before Tuesday's opening bell.
Tech giants IBM (IBM) and Intel (INTC) post numbers after Tuesday's closing bell. Wall Street is looking for earnings of $3.62 a share from IBM on revenue of $25.38 billion, while analysts see Intel, the No. 1 chipmaker, posting quarterly profit of 49 cents a share on revenue of $13.23 billion. .
Other notables on Tuesday's earnings calendar include Domino's Pizza (DPZ), Mattel (MAT), State Street (STT), Cree (CREE), CSX (CSX) and Intuitive Surgical (ISRG). Intuitive Surgical is seen by analysts posting third-quarter earnings of $3.50 a share on revenue of $534.9 million. Intuitive Surgical was upgraded to overweight by JPMorgan analysts on Monday.
Yahoo! (YHOO) has tabbed Henrique de Castro, one of Google's top advertising executives for the past two years, as the Internet company's chief operating officer. The company said de Castro is expected to join Yahoo! in late January or "as soon as he has satisfied his obligations to his current employer." WD-40, Premier Exhibitions, Yahoo!: After-Hours Trading -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV