UL Introduces The UK's First Commercial LTE Test Facility
BASINGSTOKE, England, Oct. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UL (Underwriters Laboratories), a world leader in advancing safety science, has chosen Anritsu as its provider for Long Term Evolution (LTE) telecoms equipment, becoming the first commercial independent LTE conformance test facility in the UK. Over the past 6 months UL has invested over $4 million at its Basingstoke base to create the most complete LTE test facility in the country.
"LTE is the leading fourth generation wireless technology and UL's investment is a clear demonstration of commitment to LTE advancement both within the UK and globally," said Robert Graham, Head of Cellular Approvals, UL Verification Services. "Choosing Anritsu was an easy decision. Anritsu has a clear lead in LTE cellular conformance systems, with the largest test case coverage and a proven commitment to work with their customers."
UL's choice of Anritsu ME7873L and ME7834L platforms allows customers to have access to the maximum coverage of validated test cases across the highest number of bands. UL now offers the necessary conformance requirements for the GCF, is a primary laboratory for PTCRB and can offer network operator approvals for Europe, North America and beyond.
Anritsu offers the highest coverage of test cases, but according to Anritsu Director Marketing, Wireless Protocol Test Bob Kersey, "The real benefit from the system is the value it adds. Anritsu offers unique features such as floating licences and parallel testing to maximize the efficiency of the test assets and lower the overall test time. This results in real value to our customers."UL's choice of the market leading Anritsu ME7834 Mobile device protocol test platform enables the testing of chipsets, dongles, tablets, notebooks and Smartphones required by network operators to launch commercial LTE services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV