Verizon Communications (VZ)
Background: Verizon Communications provides communications, information, and entertainment products and services to consumers, businesses, and governmental agencies worldwide. The company was founded in 1983 and is based in New York. Verizon Communications trades an average of 13 million shares per day and has a market cap of $130 billion.
52-Week Range: $35.32 to $47.32Book Value: $13.04 Price-to-Book Ratio: 3.54 Investors expect Verizon to report improving third-quarter earnings on Oct. 18. The consensus EPS estimate is presently 65 cents a share, 9 cents, or 14%, great than the 56 cents the company during the corresponding period last year. Estimates from analysts range from a low of 60 cents up to 71 cents. If Verizon Communications meets or beats estimates in the upcoming report, its EPS will also surpass the 64 cents the company reported in the last quarter. The stock appreciated 28% in the last year, and the average analyst target price for Verizon Communications is $44.43. Verizon Communications is in a modest bull trend. The closing price on Friday was at the 60-day moving average. At the same time, the 90-day moving average is quickly approaching, and the chart may turn bearish by the end of the year. I like the company and I love the yield, but the share price may be too pricey. The company currently pays $2.015 per share in dividends for a yield of 4.4%. The last reported short interest is paltry and should not be considered a meaningful influence. Short interest is 1.7% of the average trading float. VZ Revenue Quarterly data by YCharts
This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage. Follow @RobertWeinstein At the time of publication, Weinstein held no positions in stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV